The Bay Tree Hotel is pleased to announce a new one day best of Kent celebratory dinner menu showcasing the best of Kentish food.
We have teamed up with Kent based wine merchants, Page & Sons to host a celebratory five course Kentish tasting menu event on Friday 12th April.
Best of Kent menu
The Bay Tree’s head chef, Volodymyr Slobodyan, has created a one-off tasting menu. Our menu features the very best of Kentish ingredients and flavours that will perfectly complement the wines on offer.
- Bread – 100 year old sourdough, focaccia, homemade burnt onion butter.
- Charred mackerel – mackerel rillette, horseradish snow, radish, dill, cucumber.
- Duck breast – chicory, ginger, hazelnut.
- Burrata – Jerusalem artichoke, pumpkin seed pesto, herb oil.
- Canon of lamb – potato terrine, lamb belly, wild mushrooms, red wine sauce, herb crumb.
- Black cherry and brazil soufflé with elderflower sorbet.
Page & Sons has chosen a range of wines that are amongst the best the region has to offer.
Chapel Down Kits Coty Bacchus – a very ripe style of Bacchus with guava, melon, and peach aromas with background oak influence.
Hush Health Pinot Noir – a right ruby red with a perfumed nose of vanilla, leather, red berry, raspberry, and strawberry.
Ortega “The Philosopher” 2016 – a limited edition dessert wine, with high residual sugar balanced with a refreshing ting of acidity and delectable toasted sherbet notes.
Plus two more, to be announced on the night by a Wine Expert from Page & Sons who will be on hand to introduce the wines with each course.
Soft drink alternative
Non-drinkers and drivers will not be excluded from the celebration, with a drinks menu of Kingsdown Waters and Pressés selected to pair with each of the courses.
Time and Date
The tasting evening starts at 7pm on the 12th of April at the Bay Tree Hotel.
Bay Tree Hotel
12 Eastern Esplanade
- £49 including 6 Kentish wines
- £39 including 6 Kentish soft drinks
Book soon to avoid missing out
Out food tasting events are very popular and tend to sell out quickly. We still have spaces left at the moment so book now to avoid missing out.
Call us on 01843 862502 to book your place.